Thursday, January 5, 2012

My 2012 New Year's Expectations

For 2012, I have made a list of things I that will make happen.  In fact, I have a separate list of HOW those things will happen.  Some things are big and difficult expectations (running a marathon, opening a new gym in NYC), some are small (monthly Starbucks session, read 2 books per month). 

Regardless, the impact and correlation by both big and small expectations cannot be ignored; opening a gym will be a result of maintaining the expectations that I have, including the small ones (reading and writing helps me clarify my thoughts and how I WILL them to become actions). 

Before I dive into my list, I would like to clarify a minute difference between a New Year’s Resolution and a New Year’s Expectation.  But first, let’s look at the difference:

ex·pec·ta·tion     /ˌekspekˈtāSHən/

Noun:
  1. A strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future.
  2. A belief that someone will or should achieve something

res·o·lu·tion      /ˌrezəˈlo͞oSHən/

Noun:
  1. A firm decision to do or not to do something
While small, I think the key here is accountability.  With an expectation, I have made it so that any pessimistic thought of not following through on an expectation is immediately met with disgust, and I return back to my optimistic state, and follow through on exceeding expectations.  However, if I have a resolution to do or not do something, then that blanket statement limits my ‘wiggle’ room, and something could happen that could ruin the potential in maintaining my resolution.  Which leads me to quantify the difference (at least in my head):

I would much rather exceed anything than maintain something, ANY DAY. 

Now, on to my 2012 Expectations

Business
  • Blog 5x per week, including workouts
  • Finalize Program Project and release to Trainers and General Public (5 left to go)
  • Finalize new website to public
  • Reach 20 clients (18 now, converting 2 from Amazon Local Deal)
  • Add two trainers to payroll to help them reach their financial and personal goals
  • Add three new programs to the fitness mix (30 minute workouts with me, yoga with yoga instructor + running program for fat loss with running coach)
  • 5 public speaking engagements
  • Business of the month for local business (starting January 2)
  • Read 2 books per month (read 1 per month in 2011)
  • Sign lease for new studio
  • Attend 3 seminars, 2 new ones (outside of Perform Better Circuit)
Fitness/Nutrition
  • 84 pound handstand pushup x1
  • 84 pound chinup x1
  • Single Leg RDL x3 at 200 pounds (currently at 145)
  • GH extension x5 at 300 pounds
  • Run NJ Marathon sub 3:30 (just under 8m/m pace)
  • Run 2 half marathons, and 9 NYRR races, (automatically qualifying for next year’s NYC Marathon)
  • Half marathon time: 1:35
  • Allow alcohol 1x/week, scheduled in advance
  • General carbs under 100g/day except post-run and on cheat days
  • 24 hour fast at least 1x/month
Personal
  • 1 Golf vacation, 1 family vacation, 2 mini vacations down South
  • Take golf lesson(s)
  • Break 80!
  • Starbucks moment 1x/month (go into Starbucks with nothing but a pad of paper and a pen, and write for 90 minutes)
  • Help my mother and father with their fitness routines by skyping while they work on the TRX they received for Christmas
  • Visit Rochester (hometown) 6x (including Thanksgiving and Christmas)
If any of these expectations sound good to you, let me know.  I'd be glad to share with you my plans on how to exceed them!  

In extraordinary health,


Coach Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment