Sunday, January 1, 2012

Workout 1/1/12

So it's Sunday, I have a TON of work to do (which is worsened by the fact I have Week 17 NFL obligations), and not a lot of time to workout.  In fact, I don't even feel like leaving my apartment. 

But I have fasted since 11p last night, am pumped for what 2012 has to offer, and wanted to get a quick workout in at my apartment.  Here's today's Upper Body Workout:

Pre workout nutrition:
green tea (Loving my Mighty Leaf Christmas gift - thanks Abby!)
16 ounces cold water

Warmup:
Spidermans x 5e
Forward arm circles x5e
Backward arm circles x5e
Quadruped external rotation, hand behind lower back x 5e
Quadruped external rotation, hand behind head x5e

During workout nutrition:
Xtend branched chain amino acids (2 scoops = 10g) with 20 ounces cold water

Equipment needed:
Chinup bar  ($20 bucks on Amazon)
Bodyweight!

Workout:
  1. Pushups AMAP (as many as possible) until you get to 300
  2. Pullups 10x5
  3. Hand Stand pushups 10x5
rest as needed between (my average was 30 seconds or so)

Post workout stretches for chest, shoulders, triceps and lats

Total time taken, including warmup and cool down, was 28 minutes.  If you don't have 28 minutes to invest in your body, well, I am truly sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment