- I only took one day off working out (5 workouts in 6 days) on my vacation; Dreams Punta Cana had a decent weight room with barbells and a full cable setup
- New shoulder routine seems to be helping round out rear delts (special thanks to John Meadows on http://www.tmuscle.com/)
- Couple new pieces of training equipment at the studio include Gray Cook Cable Bar, the Stick, and a Slide Board
- New variations of ab exercises have helped improve ab strength (evident in posture and lower body strength movements)
- http://www.metabolictyping.com/ to start focusing on what foods are good for my body and what foods are not (started this 2/28)
- oblique definition (thanks to windmills, bodysaw and chop variations)
- Lack of specific planning my metabolic workouts is coming back to bite me (I have missed on January and February's numbers for metabolic, and am starting to fall behind)
- Running workouts fell very short of expectations
- Rectus Abdominus definition
- Presidente on draft (in Punta Cana)
- Waited a long time to replace running shoes; this made me NOT look forward to running because I knew it would bother my feet, knees and hips
- More abs: plank work, farmer carry variations (suitcase, waiter, overhead) and chop and lift variations
- Kettlebell 'Practice' (separate article)
- Focus on ideal foods and staying away from 'avoid' foods (surprisingly, they include yogurt, whey, broccoli, brown rice/wheat, tomatoes and most berries)
- KISS protocol: 3 exercises performed per lifting workout (KISS = Keep it simple, stupid)
- Continue focus on shoulders with specific routine (starting week 5 on 3/7)
Excited for warm weather, bringing the agility ladder, battling ropes and kettlebells to Central Park for some workouts, and maybe even playing some golf.
You're 1/6th of the way through 2011. Don't let the rest of it get away from you.
Plan. Lift. Run. Burn.