Today we're going to look at some simple exercises and variations that actually target the core musculature and have an impact on 'tightening' while strengthening the muscles you need to work and to show.
3) But REALLY, what are the best exercises that WORK my abs?
- forward plank:
- side plank:
- glute/hip ext:
- forward rocking plank
- side plank with hip abduction
- single leg glute/hip ext
- bodysaw (on foam roller or on hardwood, vinyl or tiled floor)
- starfish side plank
- Knee to chest glute/hip extension
4) Okay tough guy, I mastered those exercises after like, 1 week. That's it? That's all you got? Those exercises are so boring! What about band exercises? Kettleballs? Is that what they're called?
- 1/2 get up
- kneeling walkout
- side plank with a cable row
- windmill (single, high or low carry, or double)
- kneeling ab wheel
- forward plank lat pulldown
- Turkish get up (single or double)
- standing ab wheel
- slideboard walkouts